Tuesday 11 April 2017

Chinese Chicken and Broccoli


I really need to get my blogging-self back into gear. I haven't had much time lately to cook, so the blog has kind of had a back seat because I haven't had the material to post. But I'm back, baby. I have found some recipes that I'm really excited about and I thought I'd start with one of my favourite styles of meal - homemade mid-week takeout!

Quick dinners are really important on days when you’ve been in work and all you actually want to do is bundle up on the sofa with Netflix and peanut butter.



Quick dinners that taste a bit like a Chinese takeaway are even more important!

I’m not a big veggie fan, but I do like broccoli and leeks, so I try to shoehorn them in wherever I can, and they really work here. It's a lovely plate of golden chicken and green veggies and it just tastes like a big hug of a dinner. Serve with noodles or rice, or whatever you fancy.

serves 2
Ingredient
  • 2 chicken breasts, diced small
  • 3 tbsp cornflour
  • Salt and pepper
  • 200g broccoli florets
  • 1 leek
  • 1/2 green pepper
  • 4 cloves garlic
  • 1 tbsp sesame seeds


For the sauce
  • 2 tsp cornflour
  • 1 tsp honey
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
  • 60ml beef stock



Method

Toss chicken in the seasoned cornflour and set aside.



Boil or steam your broccoli and set aside.

Now, heat a pan with some oil, and fry off the garlic, pepper and leek for a minute, then stir through the chicken and cook until browned on the outside.



Mix together the sauce ingredients and pour over, cooking for a few minutes.



Add the broccoli and heat through, it’s done when the sauce has thickened slightly.




Scatter some sesame seeds on top and serve with brown rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment