Wednesday 18 June 2014

Guacamole




Basically, this is one of my favourite dips/sides ever. I always thought I hated avocados but clearly I was young and stupid.

One of the best things about it is the variability. Everyone has their favourite recipe and ingredients that they like in it. My recipe is pretty much a mix between keeping it simple and adding a little crunch/spice. It varies from day to day depending on what I have in the cupboard, but the base is always the same: I want a little bit of onion flavour, paprika and salt and pepper. Everything else is a bonus and depends on my mood.

Ingredients for the guacamole
  • 2 avocados
  • ¼ chopped red onion or 2 spring onions, diced
  • 1/2 tablespoon pasatta or 1/2 tsp sriracha hot sauce
  • small garlic clove, minced
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • salt and pepper to taste

makes enough for 2-4

Method

The easiest way to get into the avocado is to cut it in half around the stone. Scoop out one half with a spoon or fork. Use a sharp knife to slice into the stone, holding the knife, leaving it in place twist the avocado and the stone should pop out.

Slice in half

Scoop!
Stab..


.. and twist out!

 Mash with a fork.



Add in the diced onion, garlic, pasatta or hot sauce, and paprika. Mix well.



Salt and pepper to taste, with a touch of lemon juice to finish.

Oh my god, I just want to put my face in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment