Wednesday 4 March 2015

Chilli Beef Noodles



So, I received a book voucher for Christmas, and immediately went and bought cookbooks (fiction? I don’t need no stinkin’ fiction). One of which was an Asian noodle cookbook, full of recipes for stir fries and curries with a range of meat and veg. I have to admit, I have never been the biggest fan of a stir fry, because I love a bit of sauce in my meal, which is why this noodle dish is perfect! Feel free to change around the vegetables to your favourites or whatever you have on hand. I just love broccoli.

Every once in a while I find myself a little bit bored of chicken, but there is something very intimidating about all the cuts of beef you can get. So, I chickened (HAH!) out for this recipe and bought some stir-fry beef strips. Convenience!

Serves 4
Ingredients for marinade
  • 1 chilli, deseeded and sliced
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 2 tsp cornflour
  • 1 inch of ginger (I used pre-cut)
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • Zest and juice one lime
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil
  • 400g beef cut into strips


Ingredients for noodles
  • 200g broccoli, cut into florets
  • 3 nests of egg noodles
  • 1 tsp vegetable oil
  • 1 leek
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tsp fish sauce
  • 1 tsp mirin
  • Sesame seeds


Method

Begin the marinade: place the chopped chilli, sugar, cornflour, garlic and ginger into a bowl. Grate in the zest and pour over the lime juice and oil.



Stir well. Add in the beef and mix well, setting aside to marinade for one hour.



Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to package instructions, and briefly boil the broccoli for 2-3 minutes.



When the beef is ready, heat the vegetable oil, and stir fry the leek and garlic for a minute. Stir in the beef and cook for 2 minutes.



Then pour over the soy sauce, fish sauce, mirin, noodles and broccoli.




Cook for 2 more minutes until the beef is cooked, and season. Then serve, spinkled with sesame seeds.


No comments:

Post a Comment