Sunday 19 April 2015

Nutella Porridge

Om nom nom.  I want to eat this all over again


I am first off going to apologise for my hiatus. It was a bit of an accident, I had a terrible chest infection and then jetted off to Italy! Oh my god, the food. The blog will have a distinctly Italian flair soon enough as I recreate some of my favourites.

In the meantime, I’m going through a bit of a porridge phase, and it was a quick leap between making regular porridge and adding a dash of Nutella to it. Also, because of my travels, Nutella has been a large part of my diet recently. In the hotel breakfasts in both Milan and Venice, mini packs of Nutella sat nestled alongside the jam and butter. That is how fundamental it is there. What a world.

There isn’t really anything which Nutella cannot improve. It is the mainstay of the perfect breakfast food: Nutella and pancakes, Nutella and waffles, Nutella straight from the jar with a spoon..

And now, stir it though some porridge while it is cooking, and turn it from a dull oat-a-thon into a bowl of nutty, chocolately, creamy delights. This is one of my absolute favourite breakfasts, so warming and filling and nourishing, it really can’t be beat.


makes one big bowl

Ingredients
  • ½ cup oats
  • ½ cup coconut milk
  • ½ cup semi skimmed milk
  • 1 generous tbsp. Nutella
  • 2 tbsp dessicated coconut
  • Sprinkling of coconut and cocoa powder, to serve


Method

Pour the oats into a small saucepan, and pour over the coconut milk and milk.



Give everything a good stir, and then stir in the Nutella and coconut.



Leave to gently bubble and simmer for about 5-10 minutes until the oats are cooked nicely through.



Decant into your preferred receptacle and top with a smattering of cocoa and coconut.



Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Nutella Porridge is one of my least favourite Harry Potter characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. The Home Ec teacher at Hogwarts. She was a Hufflepuff as a student.

      Delete