Thursday 21 January 2016

Super Chocolatey Choc Chip Hazelnut Cookies



Happy weekend!

In case you didn’t know, I really love to cook. I also really love to bake. A lot of my down time revolves around some aspect of food.

And to that end, I often find myself browsing for new recipes online. In fact, most days I’m probably reading some new recipe that I’ve found.  Sometimes I am looking purposefully for a specific recipe or “how to” technique, but most times I’m just looking for some inspiration. However, in the case of these cookies, I was just messing around on Reddit, when a photo of the most picturesque cookies came on the feed. They were hypnotising. 



I had a batch of (my slightly modified) cookies ready to eat within an hour or so of seeing that post for the first time.

THAT’S HOW GOOD THESE ARE. True story.


makes about 18-22

Ingredients
  • 125g chocolate
  • 75g nutella
  • 110g butter
  • 90g brown sugar
  • 60g caster sugar
  • 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
  • 310g plain flour
  • 35g cocoa
  • 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
  • 2 tsp cornflour
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 50g hazelnuts, roughly crushed (I did mine with a rolling pin because it's just FUN)
  • 100g chocolate chunks


Method

In a heavy bottomed pan, melt together the chocolate, Nutella and butter until just melted together. Remove from the heat and stir until smooth and the chocolate is all melted.



Mix in the sugars and set aside to cool.



Separately, mix the flour, cocoa, bicarb, cornflour, salt together in a bowl.



When the chocolate mixture has cooled down a bit, add in the eggs.

Add the wet into the dry ingredients and mix together until combined.




Then stir through the hazelnuts and most of the choc chunks.

Randomly sized hazelnuts, some stayed whole but some really felt the wrath of my rolling pin



Place in the fridge for 30 minutes - CRUCIAL.

Preheat the oven to 160 degrees near the end of the chilling time.

With your hands, roll approx. 1 tbsp sized pieces of the cookie batter into a ball. Place on a baking tray. Flatten slightly by pressing a chocolate chunk in the centre of each cookie.



Bake in the oven for 15 minutes and then let cool on a wire rack.



No comments:

Post a Comment