Sunday 22 May 2016

The Best Peanut Butter Cookies EVER



Dear readers, (all 2 of you. Yes, hi, mum) I am going to give you a big treat today. I have been a little negligent lately (life!) but I am back to my regular scheduled programming and I want to reward the unending loyalty..

The best peanut butter cookie recipe EVER EVER.

There are a few things I love to do when I bake. I love using nuts. I love baking things that are already all portioned off and easy to eat with your hands. And I absolutely, positively love rolling things in cinnamon sugar. All these things make me happy. And you get ALL of that goodness in one handy, scummy recipe!

In all the sugary goodess


It has peanut butter, it has cinnamon, it has a sugary outer coating and the cookies are the best tasting thing I’ve had all year. I can’t really explain much more than that, just make them and you’ll see.

The perfect cookie, just look at it



Makes approx. 30 cookies

Ingredients
  • 115g caster sugar
  • 135g coarse brown sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla sugar
  • 125g butter
  • 3 eggs
  • 250g peanut butter
  • 245g plain flour
  • ½ tsp baking soda
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • ¼ tsp cinnamon
  • ½ cup chopped nuts (optional)


To finish
  • 4 tbsp granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla sugar
  • 1 tsp cinammon


Method

Beat together the sugars, vanilla and butter. Add the eggs one at a time and beat well. Then add in the peanut butter. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.

Add the flour mixture into the peanut butter mixture, and fold in the nuts, if using.



Refrigerate the whole deal for 1 hour. Near the end of this time, preheat the oven to 160 degrees.

Take the batter from the fridge and form into small balls (about as wide as a 2p piece).

Mix together the sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.

Gently roll the balls in the cinnamon sugar mixture and place on a baking tray. Press down slightly on each ball.



These spread to about double the width, so leave space in between.

Bake for 10-12 minutes.

Look at that crack.. Look how perfect they are!


Let cool on the tray for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.


Om nom nom

No comments:

Post a Comment