Sunday 13 November 2016

Butterbean, Pasta and Pesto Salad



What are Mondays for, if not starting off with good intentions?

I’m not a big salad fan, but I do like butterbeans, pesto and pasta a great deal. So I decided to whip something up that would be a bit more interesting (and better for me) than a ham sandwich lunch.

This is really simple to make, and can easily be made out of leftover pasta if you happen to have made too much (which always, constantly happens to me). I am using my homemade pesto, but feel free to use any that you like. It takes 2 seconds to whip up, makes about 4 portions, and makes meal prep reeeeeally easy.

Feel free to play around with the flavours, or leave out the pepperoni to keep veggie. Speaking of veggies, I have a fairly limited repertoire of ones I actually like, so I’m happy with what I’ve put in, but feel free to go wild and add tomatoes or carrots or whatever you crazy salad-lovers fancy.


Serves approx. 4 as a lunch or side

Ingredients
  • 100g wholemeal pasta
  • 1 can butterbeans
  • 2 tbsp pesto
  • Lettuce leaves
  • 6 slices pepperoni/salami, sliced
  • 2 scallions, sliced
  • Salt and pepper


Method

Cook the pasta according to how you like it done.

Cook the butterbeans, either in the microwave or in a pan.

Drain both, add the butterbeans and pesto into the pasta pan and season. Mix well.




To assemble,  place the lettuce leaves on the bottom. Top with the pasta mixture, then sprinkle over the scallions and diced pepperoni. Season and either serve immediately, or place in a Tupperware for some healthy lunches!



No comments:

Post a Comment