Saturday 11 February 2017

Ferrero Raw-chers



Valentine's day is coming, so the world is full of devilishly chocolate cakes and heart shaped boxes of sweets. And there's nothing wrong with that (seriously, take a look at the rest of the blog, chocolate is my bread and butter. As well as actual bread and butter). But since there's plenty of that chocolate indulgence around at the minute, I thought I would do something a little different.

I am obsessed with Ferrero rochers. Over the festive period I was mainlining these things. My record is 8 in a row, and I could have gone on, but the towering pile of empty wrappers was getting a little embarrassing.

New year, new leaf and all that, so I thought I’d fiddle around and make a healthier version. These are pretty delicious and the great thing is you can make a batch, freeze them, and have a treat ready for whenever the sweet tooth hits (which lets face it, is always)!



Now, you know I can’t lie to my blog. They don’t taste quite as good as the original,  BUT they are surprisingly really tasty, super duper easy, take about 5 minutes to make, and are better for you! Probably my favourite "raw" things I've made so far!


Makes 10 balls
Ingredients for the balls
  • 120g dates
  • 90g hazelnuts
  • 30g cocoa
  • 2 tbsp maple syrup
  • ¼ tsp salt


Ingredients for the topping
  • 90g hazelnuts, 10 set aside whole and the rest crushed
  • 25g dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
  • 3 tbsp coconut oil
  • 1 tsp maple syrup


Method

For the balls, blitz the ingredients in a food processor.



Take approx. 1/10th of the mixture,  place a hazelnut in the centre, and roll into a ball.

Continue with the rest of the mixture.



Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in the microwave. Stir through the maple syrup.

Roll the balls in the choco-coconut oil mixture, and then roll in the crushed hazelnuts until all covered.





Refrigerate until eating!




No comments:

Post a Comment