Sunday 13 September 2020

Creamy Peppercorn Sauce




Sometimes you just get weird cravings for stuff. I was never really into peppercorn sauce until recently, and the other day I just HAD to have some. I didn't have steak or anything on hand, but I had all the ingredients for peppercorn sauce, so I roasted some chicken and threw it on top.

The next time, I would serve this my absolute favourite way - potato bread on the bottom, sliced steak on top, sauce all over.

There's not really many pictures of this because it's just that easy. Put everything in a pot. Cook it for a bit. Pour it over food.
serves 2
Ingredients
  • 100ml beef stock
  • 1 small garlic clove, minced
  • 3 tbsp red wine
  • 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
  • 150ml double cream
  • ½ tsp crushed black peppercorns


Method

Add the beef stock to a saucepan and bring to the boil. Cook until it’s reduced by half, probably 5 or so minutes.

Add the garlic, wine, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, cream and peppercorns. Stir and bring to the boil over a high heat.



Season with salt and cook until it reaches the consistency of pouring cream. Pour over your chosen meal.




No comments:

Post a Comment