Thursday 30 October 2014

Red Pepper Hummus



I could very easily eat hummus for every meal. It is my standard lunch (with a tortilla wrap) and I bring it to any party I go to.

Of course, it took me forever for me to find tahini paste, and in the mean time I did a very lovely peanut version. But one day, in my local random Asian corner shop (we’ve all got one!) I stumble upon tahini paste (and cayenne pepper, and coconut oil.. *hyperventilates*). The clouds parted and my heart sang!

That is seriously how much I love hummus.

Have you ever tried to roast and peel a pepper? I have. It is doable but fiddly and pretty annoying. And that is where jarred roasted peppers come in.  Should be simply found in any supermarket, they are a lifesaver and make this recipe ridiculously easy. And you all know I love a quick recipe that I can then shove in my mouth.

Ingredients
  • 3 red peppers, roasted
  • One tin chickpeas
  • ½ cup tahini paste
  • 1 garlic clove
  • ½ lemon, juiced
  • 1 tsp cayenne
  • 1.5 tsp paprika
  • 1-2 tsp oil – optional


Method

It is really difficult to make this recipe in any way seem complicated.

Place your jarred, roasted red peppers in the food processor. Add everything else.



Whizz in the food processor until desired consistency. I like mine just a little gritty.

I spooned mine into small jelly moulds with lids, and store in the fridge. Or serve immediately in a cute ramekin.




Serve with anything you fancy! Some people do chopped veggies, but I love a kettle chip.


No comments:

Post a Comment