Tuesday 17 January 2017

Leek, Chorizo and Sweetcorn Frittata



I don’t mean to brag, but I sometimes go to the gym. And my sessions are late in the evening, so it can be around 8pm before I’m getting home. And by that stage I’m utterly  STARVING. So I need something quick and filling. I’m often looking out for recipes that take no time to prepare from scratch, because I’m not a fan of ready meals and I don’t really like reheating leftovers.

Enter the frittata. I have so far avoided them because I really hate omelettes and for some reason I assumed that frittatas were the same. But I was wrong – they’re so much better!

Imagine an eggy, cheesy, golden and crispy dinner, filled with your favourite meat and veggies, that’s ready in less than 20 minutes? Imagine no more! Here it is! I had mine with a slice of buttered sourdough, but it would also be good with some wheaten bread, or a crisp salad. It's also crazy versatile, next time I might add in a little tuna with the sweetcorn and some red onion, and I think ham, broccoli and peas could also be a total winner. Hello winter warmer!




Serves 2

Ingredients
  • 1 tsp butter
  • ½ a leek, chopped small
  • 1 small chorizo sausage, chopped small
  • ½ cup frozen sweetcorn
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • Salt and pepper
  • Handful of grated cheese


Method

In a small pan, melt the butter, and fry off the leek for a few minutes.

Add the chorizo and sweetcorn and stir for a few minutes more.



Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and season.

Pour into the pan, and give one quick stir so that the meat and veggies aren’t all at the bottom. Sprinkle with cheese, turn the heat down low and cook for 7 minutes.



Near the end of cooking time, preheat the grill.


Put the frittata pan under the grill for 3 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and melted and golden and you physically can’t wait any more.



No comments:

Post a Comment