Wednesday 2 May 2018

Oreo Brownies




I'm currently working night shifts, and I need this mid week pick me up..

Remember how much I love brownies? Well, I thought I had gotten to the end of the possible flavours and additions, but that would be like giving up, and I’m not a quitter!

Cheeky little surprise in store

Shoving Oreos in the middle of brownies is a revelation. It's not refined, or haute cuisine, but damn these taste good. 

It wasn’t easy initially to make, my first batch were really dry because I cooked them for far too long. I have learned and tweaked and I'm really happy with what we're at now. The next thing I want to do is make them with mint Oreos, (which are my favourite things in the whole world) because mint chocolate is my favourite flavour combination.



Ingredients
  • 200g butter
  • 200g dark chocolate, broken  up
  • 3 eggs
  • 200g sugar
  • 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
  • 100g plain flour
  • 40g cocoa
  • Pinch of salt
  • One packet of Oreo cookies


Method

Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Grease and line a traybake tin.

This is the standard brownie procedure. Melt the butter and chocolate together, set aside. Whisk together the eggs and sugars for a few minutes until pale and frothy. Pour the chocolate mixture into the eggy mixture. Fold in the flour, cocoa, salt and mix gently together.



Pour half into the prepared tin.



Dot some oreos on top and cover with the rest of the batter. With the few remaining oreos, bash them into coarse crumbs. Scatter these and some chocolate chips over the top of the brownie batter.

Bake in the oven for 27 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool in the tin. When cooled, chop into generous chunks and enjoy!
I am hopeless at getting even portions.



No comments:

Post a Comment