Monday 30 July 2018

Hazelnut Chocolate Fudge Brownies




Strap yourselves in, because this is a good one!

Brownies are consistently what I turn to when I need to bake something easy and delicious. And there are SO many different flavour combinations that I never get bored making them.



I recently saw a recipe for fudge-topped brownies and it just seemed like such a smart idea that I had to try it my way. I have a fond history with traybakes that use brownies as a base, because I think my mint-topped brownies are probably my favourite bake to eat.

The fudge portion hardens to a silky smooth layer which is just delicious. And obviously I added Nutella, chopped hazelnuts and edible glitter.



Ideally, I wanted the chocolate topping to be white chocolate to give a satisfying colour change, but I totally messed up melting it and it all kind of went to hell. Next time!





Ingredients for the Brownie Layer
  • 120g butter
  • 120g dark chocolate
  • 2 eggs
  • 140g caster sugar
  • 60g plain flour
  • 25g cocoa powder
  • 25g white choc chunks
  • 25g milk chocolate chunks
  • 50g crushed hazelnuts




Ingredients for the fudgey bit & topping
  • Half a can of condensed milk
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • 100g chocolate
  • 125g Nutella

  • 200g dark chocolate for the topping


Method

Standard brownie procedure here, lads. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees and grease and line a rectangular brownie pan.

Melt together the butter and chocolate in a small pan and set aside.



Whisk together the eggs and caster sugar for about 5 minutes until lighter in colour and thick/fluffy consistency. Pour over the melted chocolate mixture and stir gently.

Add the dry ingredients, choc chips and hazelnuts and mix again.



Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool before making the fudge topping.

For the fudge, it couldn’t be easier! Add all the ingredients into a small pot and heat gently, stirring until all melted together.

Pour over the cooled brownies and spread out evenly.



Put in the fridge to chill for a few hours (or overnight).



When ready for the topping, melt the chocolate (waterbath, microwave, pick your fave) and spread over the chilled fudge layer.



Sprinkle with hazelnuts and throw some glitter on for good measure.



The chocolate should harden pretty fast and be ready for cutting soon after you spread it.



Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment