Saturday 18 January 2014

Chorizo Carbonara




Sriracha hot sauce in the background, standard.

This is so quick to make! I am genuinely surprised that this Jamie 15 minute meal literally took 15 minutes. I win at Countdown-clock dinner!

This is a perfect dinner for when you really can’t be bothered making food. Normally, I would throw bacon in there, but I had chorizo in the fridge that needed used up and I thought I would mix things up a bit. Dat bright orange oil.

I know that "real" carbonara does not contain cream, but really, we're striving for delicious here, not authentic.

Ingredients

  • 200g pasta, I used wholemeal spaghetti
  • 1 tsp oil
  • 100g chorizo sausage
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 1 egg
  • 60ml double cream
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice                  
  • Salt and pepper
  • A handful of cheese, grated


Method
Begin by cooking the pasta in boiling water.



Next chop the chorizo sausage and roughly chop the garlic. 



Add oil to a pan and heat. Add in chorizo, garlic and oregano and cook until the chorizo is crispy and cooked, a few minutes.





In the meantime, make the carbonarra sauce, for which I do not have a photo, except for a random one of an egg. 

It's an egg.

Mix briefly the egg, cream and lemon juice. Season. Pour the sauce over the cooked pasta and throw in the chorizo and mix well. Stir the cheese into the pasta mix and stir through. 




Serve with garlic bread if you’re carbo loading for a marathon, or if you just like bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment