Monday 27 January 2014

Quick Blueberry Smoothie.





This is amazingly easy, adapted from my favourite smoothie from my favourite smoothie place. I may have had 4 of these smoothies last week. FOUR. And I have a few buy one get one free vouchers to use up this month, so I envision so many more. One of these days I will get a proper blender (birthday wishlist vibes..), but for now my little food processor will have to cope.

But since I can’t always be bothered to venture out of my house onto the metro to get one, I decided I had to learn to make my own. Especially because I was feeling a little bit in need of a detox today after a weekend at home (which equals a weekend of overindulgence!).

This is easy, so I won't dress up the method into anything more than it is: peel, pour, blend, drink.


makes two decently-sized smoothies

Ingredients

  • 1 banana, peeled and broken into bits (you can do this with your hands)
  • 1 cup of frozen blueberries
  • 1 cup of vanilla yogurt
  • ½ cup semi-skimmed or skimmed milk
  • ¾ cup apple juice


Method

Place all the ingredients in a food processor. 

Bung all in.


Blend until smooth. 

Whizz it all up.


Pour out and drink. I’d be just wasting my breath to try to work this into a longer, more detailed method. It's easy AND delicious, don't ask any more of me!


No comments:

Post a Comment