Monday 29 July 2019

Aubergine Curry



This is SO GOOD.

I love a good curry. This one is filling and wholesome and really delicately spiced. And veggie! I do want to reduce my meat intake slightly and I think Indian-style foods and spices are the perfect way to eat veggies.

I've had it for dinner yesterday and for lunch today - it's that good!

And it's a perfect one for a meal prep as you can add some delicious toppings and keep the variation up. I went with some flaked almonds and later (after photos) I added some shredded roast chicken. You could also add some fresh coriander, some pomegranate seeds, some pickled diced chillies.. whatever you fancy.



I also served mine with my favourite new creation of green rice (rice with shredded broccoli and spices) for which a post is coming soon.




serves 4

Ingredients
  • 2 tsp vegetable oil
  • 1 red onion, diced
  • 1 red pepper, diced
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 tsp coriander powder
  • 2 tsp cumin powder
  • 1 tsp turmeric
  • 2 tsp garam masala
  • 1 aubergine, cubed small
  • 300ml coconut milk
  • 250ml vegetable stock
  • 1/3 cup ground almonds
  • A handful of spinach leaves
  • Optional: roast chicken, flaked almonds to finish


Method

Heat the oil. Add in the pepper and onion and saute for 10 minutes until soft. Add the garlic for a minute then throw in the spices and mix well.



Add the aubergine and mix well.



Add the coconut milk and stock and mix well, bringing to a low simmer.

Scatter over the ground almonds, mix to combine. 



Stir through the spinach.

Cover and cook for 15 minutes until the aubergine is tender and you have as silky smooth sauce.



Serve with some rice and top with some deliciousness – I added flaked almonds and then some shredded roast chicken later.


No comments:

Post a Comment