Friday 12 June 2015

Rocket Pesto




OH MY GOD.

You know I love pesto? I might have mentioned it like once before.

Well, I kind of stumbled upon a way to make it even better. Pepperier and lovelier and smoother. This makes an incredible pasta/pesto lunch. And honestly, it couldn’t be easier to make, like before, it is about prepping the ingredients briefly and then throwing it all in a food processor.  One trick I learned was to pour oil over the top of the pesto to make it “keep” longer.

I currently have a little pot of this in my fridge (emergency pesto!) and I can’t see that changing in the future.  I find it so useful for quick dinners and lunches – cook some pasta, stir through some pesto when the pasta is drained and still hot, sprinkle over some pine nuts and chilli flakes. I also love throwing some peas in there. Perfect!

Again, this is taken from the series “Nexus 5: My DSLR got stolen” so I am showcasing some quality phone pictures.

Makes a small tub of pesto

Ingredients
  • 100g rocket
  • 25g pine nuts
  • 60g hazelnuts
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 30g parmesan
  • ½ lemon, juice
  • 100ml olive oil, approx
  • Salt and pepper


Method

Toast the nuts in a pan on a medium heat for a few minutes.



In a food processor, add the rocket, nuts, garlic, parmesan and blitz to a thick paste.



Squeeze in the lemon juice and pour in a few slugs of olive oil. Season well.



Blitz again until you have a smooth puree. Add some more olive oil until you get to the desired texture.



If storing for use later, I put in a small Tupperware and poured a tablespoon of oil over the surface.

Stores in the fridge for a week or so.


Oiled up and good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment